Adapted from www.recipetineats.com.au
Asian Beef Bowl
00:05 Prep | 00:07 Cook | Serves 4
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce (or sub with Oyster)
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce (or sub with 1 1/2 tbsp Hoisin)
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (or dry sherry, sake or any rice wine)
- 2 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (or sub with black)
- 1 cup pre-cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 500 g /1 lb beef mince (ground beef) (lean is good)
- 1/2 cup shallots / scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- Sesame seeds
Preparation: 5min › Cook: 7min › Ready in: 12MIN
1. Mix Sauce together in a bowl
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute or until onion starts browning.
3. Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go with a wooden spoon.
4. Once the beef has all changed from red to brown, add Sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until Sauce has evaporated and beef is cooked. If you want the beef cooked more, add a splash of water and keep cooking (I don't do this).
5. Stir through shallots, then serve over rice, garnished with more shallots and sesame seeds, if desired
Make it a pack
Do you love eating easy, healthy meals? Our value packs are perfect for a growing family! In addition to our 5 meals for $50 packs - we have a fantastic range of ready to ship value packs, order yours online today!