Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
Lemon & Garlic Roast Chicken
00:20 Prep | 01:15 Cook | Serves 4
1 (Approx 1.5kg) roasting chicken
1 tbsp Salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large bunch fresh thyme
3 heads garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
Preparation: 20min › Cook: 1HR 15min › Ready in: 1HR 35min
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (190°C Fan-Forced).
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the thyme, reserving enough thyme to garnish the chicken dish, 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Cut 2 of the lemons in quarters and scatter the quarters and remaining garlic around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C Fan-Forced). Continue roasting the chicken for an additional 1/2 hour, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine and chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Slice the chicken on a platter. Garnish the chicken platter with the bacon slices, roasted garlic, reserved thyme and 1 lemon, sliced. Serve with the gravy.
Make it a pack
Do you love eating easy, healthy meals? Our value packs are perfect for a growing family! In addition to our 5 meals for $50 packs - we have a fantastic range of ready to ship value packs, order yours online today!