Whole Diamond Grade Beef Osso Bucco (Shanks) | $13.99kg
Affectionately known as Osso Bucco, these beef shanks are absolutely perfect for slow cooked stewing cuts. These Osso Bucco come 1 per vacuum sealed bag.
Easy Osso Bucco Recipe:
- One whole beef shank
- 30g flour
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 160ml dry white wine
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
- 160ml beef stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 30g fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Lightly flour the shank. Melt the butter in a deep frypan over medium high heat. Add the shank and cook until browned on all sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add crush garlic and onion then cook until onion is soft. Return the shanks to the frypan with the carrots and wine and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat 1 1/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes. The meat should be not quite falling off the bone.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, lemon zest and garlic. Mix into the osso bucco just before serving.
Please Note: If selecting a sliced or diced option, the final weight of your product may vary due to trimming, soaker pads and packaging.