Whole Frozen Duck
Roast duck makes for an easy, delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. It is one of the most simple yet most rewarding dishes you will ever cook. Read below for easy instructions on how to roast your duck.
This product is frozen.
To roast the perfect duck:
- Pre heat oven to 190C.
- Dry duck with paper towel for a crispier skin. (if possible leave duck uncovered in refrigerator to dry skin out.)
- Ensure the vent end of the duck is open to allow even cooking. Never stuff the duck as it prevents even cooking. Instead, place your favourite herbs, zest of orange or garlic inside the cavity for a wonderful aroma while the duck is cooking. If stuffing is desired, cook it separately.
- Place duck on a rack in a roasting tray.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 40mins per kg until golden brown then remove duck from oven and leave to rest for 20 mins.
Please Note: If selecting a sliced or diced option, the final weight of your product may vary due to trimming, soaker pads and packaging.